Monday, August 25, 2014

Field is white and ready to harvest :)

Crazy to think I only have a year left! I come home August 24th next year! I have been working my tail off everyday and I'm soooo tired! But it's times like these that the Lord repays us! 

I'll tell you the story of our investigator Ryan! He is friends with Joel in our ward who is leaving on his mission soon to Honduras. Ryan was interested in learning more about what Joel was going to be teaching! We met Ryan about 2 months ago and started to teach him. He felt the spirit very strong in the first 2 lessons and we felt prompted to invite him to be baptized. Since then we have met with him 2 to 3 times a week to get him ready! He is getting baptized this Saturday by Joel and he picked me to confirm him on Sunday! Ryan isn't just a normal kid. He is a star football player and wrestler and was king of his high school but never was prideful of it! He is such a great kid and being able to see the blessings of the gospel bless his life even more is a tender mercy of the Lord when I needed it the most! He says he has felt the change in his life since he has been reading the Book of Mormon and praying to know if it is true! He has even asked questions about serving a mission. 

My testimony is that I know that each person around us is on a different level of progression. At one point or another the things of the world will no longer fill us and we will go searching for something that will. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is what fills us. His love for each one of us is more then we can ever understand. I know that through service and increasing our knowledge of Christ through the scriptures and prayer will strengthen us and hold us strong through the hard times that we go through. 

I love being a missionary and will continue to do the things I have learned for the rest of my life! I pray for each one of you, my family and friends every night! That you will find peace and happiness through the love that our Heavenly Father has for each one of us. I pray that you will seek out opportunities to comfort those that stand in need of comfort. Find someone who is having a hard time and do something for them! True happiness comes through seeing others around us happy! I love you all so much! 

Love Elder Reynolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment